Join In The Journey

Welcome to my Blog. In this blog I hope to document my journey as an artist. I have been creating all my life and have tried many artistic ventures but always I come back to painting and drawing. It is now time to really focus on this true passion; to grow, learn, expand, and develop as an artist. I will be posting works in progress, the ups and downs and hopefully some successes. I hope you Join my Journey

Friday, July 22, 2011

My crow is sunburnt

It is turning into a very busy summer and I have not had much time in my studio. I have been playing with the bubbles and the falling water. I am happy and need to tell myself to leave it alone. I have just started the crow. I put a light glaze of cad red and burnt umber over the body. I chose to make a sunburnt glaze to give off red/orange tones in the bird after he is painted. This painting is predominantly blue so wanted to create areas or auras of it's compliment orange. I feel like I am sculpting with colour and value.

I feel that one more good painting session and I will have the crow and the scrub bushes (far left) will be done. Then let dry and small adjustments. Want to have this painting done by Mid August (we are busy for the next 3 weeks). My next painting is bursting to be let out.

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment