Join In The Journey

Welcome to my Blog. In this blog I hope to document my journey as an artist. I have been creating all my life and have tried many artistic ventures but always I come back to painting and drawing. It is now time to really focus on this true passion; to grow, learn, expand, and develop as an artist. I will be posting works in progress, the ups and downs and hopefully some successes. I hope you Join my Journey

Friday, June 24, 2011

Morning Drink



This is the start. I drew directly on the canvas. I used graphite which I know is a no no with oils but I figured i would be doing an underpainting and layers so am not worried. Also the framework of a piece of art is necessary in its finished form so if it visible it adds depth to the image and statement.
Every painting/drawing I do I worry and fret about not being up to the task or starting right. So yet again I said shut up and just start stupid and let it come as it may.
This is the start, I painted a very preliminary underpainting. This will work as a map for structure and for value. I will let this dry a then give the whole paint a wash.
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment